News brought to by TeamYu
“It’s the 3rd again already?” we usually hear when the monthly #SaveShenmue Tweetathon arrives, “Doesn’t it come around quickly!”
Well, we think we can speak for everybody when we say that last month’s event feels like a LIFETIME ago…
How things can change, literally overnight. On June 16th, a Kickstarter was announced to fund Shenmue III, a sequel that had been in limbo (to put it mildly) for fourteen years. Nine hours and seventeen minutes later, its minimum target of two million dollars had been raised.
Shenmue III is actually happening, and as we now welcome the July 3rd Tweetathon, it’s all about those stretch goals, striving to make this long awaited experience even better than imagined.
If you’ve never participated in the #SaveShenmue Tweetathon before, then you’ve chosen the perfect time to get your first taste of the largest routine social media event in gaming history.
Just take a look at what’s in store this Friday:
– Yu Suzuki (@yu_suzuki_jp) will be taking part for the first time, tweeting alongside his fans to spread the word and be heard on the 3rd!
– Suzuki-san will also be hosting a live Q&A session using the additional hashtag #YouAskYu, answering questions during the event.
– Ys Net has issued a ‘Magic Weather Warning’, promising a perfect storm of Kickstarter news to coincide with the Tweetathon.
– Voice actors Corey Marshall (Ryo), Lisle Wilkerson (Joy, Xiuying, Yuan) and Paul Lucas (Lan Di, Chai) will be guests on the Sega Nerds (@SEGANerds) podcast at 9pm CT.
– Before that, Play with Friends (@playwfriends) will be streaming for stretch goals, live at 8pm EST.
– Throughout the Tweetathon you can join GBR gamebytesradio (@DjRielru) for a Day in Guilin, playing a variety of tunes from Shenmue non-stop.
– And of course, the Tweetathon wouldn’t be the Tweetathon without a simultaneous mass AutoTweet, exploding with publicity for the Shenmue III Kickstarter. Activate your account at TeamYu.net/AutoTweet and be part of something amazing.
Details on the future direction of the Tweetathon will follow after the July 17th deadline for Kickstarter donations, but there can be no doubting that this Friday’s event will be the craziest we’ve ever seen. Don’t miss out on a day you’ll remember for the next fourteen years.
Who are we going to rely on to promote Shenmue III?
Those stretch goals won’t reach themselves:
Team Yu needs YOU to #SaveShenmue!